Tuesday, November 26, 2013

27th Birthday Shenanigans

Originally written November 8th and updated today…I’m a little slow getting this one up!

Well, my birthday came and went again. I heard a quote once that said, “Do not regret growing older, it is a privilege denied to many”. And with that, I’m happy to grow another year older!
My actual birthday was last Sunday but we celebrated on Saturday.

Mom, Dad and I made our annual trek to Calvary, GA for Mule Day. If you’re not from around these parts, you can read about Mule Day here.

We didn’t buy anything but food. Is that really a bad thing? Dad got some real Cane Syrup that they make on the spot, but again that’s still a form of food. The jar was still hot! Nice and fresh.
                                        

On the way home we stopped at a few antique shops and walked around Havana for a little while. Havana is a super cute quaint little town that has lots of cool antique shops and neat little eat-in places.

There was one store there that Mom and I just loved. I wanted absolutely everything in it. Oh, if only money grew on trees!

We also stopped and hung out for a little bit at Lake Jackson. It was so beautiful
                                             
We wrapped up our exhausting day of shopping (according to Dad) and I went home for a little bit to chill out before heading out for birthday dinner!

We went to our usual spot, El Jalisco. I had one too many margaritas. As in, one more than zero and I was feeling fine! Ha!
                                            
 Mom, Logan, Me

 Cole, David, Dad


I got some gift cards from my hubby, in-laws and SIL Kim and from my parents I got…wait for it…my very own pair of Hunter boots!! And a really cool Aztec Blardigan (blanket + cardigan) I found on Pinterest and was purchased on Zulily!
                                         

And I know, the ink has barely dried on my cheap Rainboots post but y’all, Costco had the classic tall matte Hunters on sale for $79.99! That is unheard of. These boots are usually $140.00 which is why I’ve never bought them in the past. And, they’ve never fit me before because of my calves. Well, I have a friend who has a pair and when I saw the deal I was going to try one last time to see if they fit. She let me try hers on and my legs actually fit in them since I’ve dropped 20 lbs! So I finally got a pair. And I love them. Now I won’t be stuffing jeans into them any time soon because they sure aren’t roomy but I plan to lose about 15 more lbs so they should be a little looser and stretch out with time. But I can definitely wear them which I never could before!
                                                   

Making them work appropriate!      

I was torn on picking a color but ultimately decided on the class Olive/Hunter Green Wellies. I’m in love.

Afterwards we went back to my parents house and snuggled in to get ready for some FSU Football! The Noles stomped the Canes and I was one happy birthday girl!

Sunday was low-key and relaxing. We had a yummy dinner at my parents’ and that was that.
It was a great birthday and I can’t wait to see what this next year has in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...