Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Monogrammed Rain Boots

You all know I love Target, right? Right. So imagine my excitement when Target had a pair of rain boots, in my size, on sale for $10.06!
Did I really need a pair of rain boots? Well, technically yes no. You see I bought a nice pair of Sperry rain boots last year as a rebound when a pair of coveted Hunters didn’t fit my calves and were greatly out of my price range. I tried to convince myself that I liked the Sperrys, but I would pretty much avoid wearing them if at all possible because they were short and I just wasn’t feeling them.
So even with a pair of nice rain boots hanging out in my closet, I still felt a rain boot void. When I came across these tall, pretty $40 marked down to $10 ones at Target, I jumped! Oh, and they have stripes lining the inside. It was meant to be.
TGJ_6997
Size 8, $10, you’re mine.
TGJ_6991
Don’t mind the nasty, don’t-sit-on-it-or-it’ll-break bench.
They were good by themselves and all, but why be ho-hum when you can be fabulous instead?! They were begging for some pizazz.
Enter monogram.
I originally thought I’d do white, but after an idea change and a consult with my SIL, we decided pink was best!
I cut two vinyl stickers on my Cricut and we were in business.
Gosh I love that machine.
TGJ_7008
Step 1: Clean rubber with Isopropyl Alcohol and let air dry.
TGJ_7007
Step 2: Apply monogram. Do your best to put it on straight and center. I accidentally touched the sticker to the boot before it was properly situated and it was clinging on for dear life. I carefully peeled it off and re-applied. It stuck really well!
TGJ_7010
Step 3: Brandish (is that the right word?) the sticker with a credit card or bone file.
Step 4: Rock those babies!
TGJ_7014
TGJ_7016
TGJ_7011
TGJ_7023
I didn’t have on a cute rainy day outfit to go with the boots, but while I looked half presentable from work I figured I better take advantage of it and have Husband take some pictures.
Not too shabby for a $10 project, am I right?

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Leah! Thank you so much :) Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is a great craft! I was wondering how did you make your monogram with the Cricut? I've been wanting to do this but cannot figure it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer! Can you please give me your email address? I will send you the how-to for the cricut monograms! :)

      Delete
  3. would you mind sending me the how to for the cricut monograms too?? I would really appreciate it. :)
    purses101@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't find the font you used :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you send me the how to on making monograms on the cricut as well. eringabron@gmail.com. TIA.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...