Thursday, August 4, 2011

Is it really August already?

Sorry (again) for my lack of blogging. I’ve been busy. Still. Yes I know I said that last time. But it’s true.

I’d like to blame it on the fact that I’ve been unpacking but that’d be a lie. Because I just finished all the unpacking Tuesday night. And I did it all right then and there so that wouldn’t excuse all the other nights of doing everything but blogging. My bad Smile

So what have I been up to then?

Taking pictures of this crazy fool. (Notice my rear is parked on the couch in both pictures)

photo (99)

Evil doggy.

photo (100)

His favorite spot. On guard.

photo6

Pigging out at Cici’s with Cole. (His plate pictured) Gosh I love all you can eat pizza! haha!

photo8   photo

Me & Courtney                                  Me & Mrs. Terri

Painting. My friend Courtney (long time friend from HS, Hi Court!) setup a Girl’s Night Out aka “No Boys Allowed” and we had a fun night of painting poppies. There were 6 of us I think? Somebody (coughMrs.Terricough) had to be different and do her own thing but hers turned out so good! I had fun with you ladies!

Decorating my place. I am almost ready for a full house tour but I’ve got a few more things to do first. Since the living room is 98% done I’ll go ahead and share it though. (BTW I did a horrible job with the lighting in these pics. and the carpet is not stained at all, but the flash makes it look like it. Lovely)

Drumroll please! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdadadadadadadabam!

DSC_0569

DSC_0568

DSC_0562

DSC_0563

Is it sad that I could care less to decorate the rest of the house and just never leave the living room? I love it. Just love it. It’s cozy and quaint and chic and I’m in love. Did I mention I love it? And my newest addition to the living room is that 6 foot masterpiece that yours truly put together starting at about 9:00 on Sunday night. Call me crazy but I get something in my head and it’s gotta be done right then and there. Anyone else like that? After dinner with Katie @ Five Guys on Sunday night, we went to Target and I spent way too much money but took advantage of having her there and she followed me back to my house to help bring in the bookshelf. Thanks for your manpower woman power KT!

So it came in a box like this:

photo3

And with a set of hardware like this:

photo4

Fun stuff.

I may or may not have cursed when I put this together. The directions steered me wrong and I had to re-do a few things. Sheesh.

photo2

(Before I put the backing on)

I don’t think I even took a picture of what my “entertainment area” looked like before, but it was a tv tray holding a cable box with wires everywhere. In fact I just uploaded the picture and can see the tv tray sitting on the hearth with the cable box. And it was so not pleasing to the eye. I needed to remedy the situation asap and I’m so glad I did because now I love it. Except for those pesky cords that dive bomb the shelves from the fireplace. Oh well, can’t win em all. Although I am debating painting the cords the color of the wall… Oh and by the way…did I loan anyone my New Moon book? I can’t find it anywhere. I am devastated!! Wahh!!

My fam came over last night to see the progress I’ve made and we had pizza for dinner. I put my Dad to work happily accepted my Dad’s offer to assist with some corrections to my curtain hanging. I hung em and they were fine except for the fact that I did something I didn’t need to and it caused an end to slouch. Oh well, that’s what Dads are for…to save the day! He also helped me hang a few other things that had been lining my walls waiting to be put up. I am good with hanging most stuff but the super heavy things I am a little bit more cautious about doing myself. Thanks again Pops!

I tried to get a nice pic of my fam sitting on my very own couch in my very own living room. And this is what I got.

DSC_0571DSC_0574

Even Remi got in on the action!

DSC_0577DSC_0579

Me and Pops Smile

And last but certainly not least, I’ve been busy spending a lot of time with this fella Smile

photo5

Well, cat’s outta the bag!

That was taken on our way to Angelo’s last weekend. Yummy seafood restaurant right on the water. I’ve been pretty spoiled here lately Smile

Life is good friends!

8 comments:

  1. I have said this before and I"m sure will say it again but I am hiring you to help us decorate when the time comes. Your new home is cute and cozy... love it!! So good to hear your happy and life is good for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with your living room! And espcially like the mirror! It looks super cozy and I can't wait to just lounge around in there and have girl talks with you!! And let your Dad know anytime he wants to come to Atlanta and hang things or fix things, I will not stop him (tell him and your mom "Hello" for me too!)! Miss you girly and I am so happy you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your living room! I want that mirror! :) If you want some tips on hiding those cables let me know and I will ask Chris what the thing is called that he got to hide ours! I am so happy that you are happy!

    (I do not know what is wrong with Blogger but it won't let me post a comment!)

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had fun at PWAT!!! We need to do another NBA meeting! Place looks great, I'm so jealous of your decorating skills....you got mad skills yo! and the boy...ooooh la la!!!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorating skills continue to amaze me! And I want to know how you kept that "Cat" in a bag? Anyway, I'm so so glad he's out now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the living room! It looks amazing, when are you going to start your side job as an interior designer? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I be nosy and ask where you got your sectional?? I've been looking for one like it but can't find one!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi @Amy P! I bought it from some friends, but they bought it from a furniture store in Tallahassee called Haverty's!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...