Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Four Eyes

In 2008 I was in college and realized I could no longer make out what was written on the board or see what was on the projector. I went to the eye doctor and got my first ever pair of glasses. Dream come true. I’d always wanted glasses but never needed them so when I actually did need them, I was ecstatic. I must have inherited that trait from my Mom who faked her eye test when she was younger to get her a pair. Ha!

photo

For old time’s sake, here’s my very first selfie with glasses. When I used to be tan and skinny. But that’s not the point of this post. And selfies in those days had to be done with the whole camera turned around. And I don’t think it was on my phone because I’m not even sure if my phone had a camera back then.

Anywho, 5 years later I am still on that same pair of glasses and I’m ready for some new ones. This also means I need to go to get my eyes checked to see if my prescription has changed. Wouldn’t want to order a new pair with the same old Rx now would we?

I’m near sighted by the way. This means I can’t see stuff far away. Don’t bother asking me to read a sign while driving because we’ll be right up on it by the time I can. Unless I have on my spectacles of course! This brings me to the fact that I don’t wear them all the time. Just when I need to see far away. At least I should wear them in those situations. Sometimes I forget to put them on and realize once I have a headache that I’d been squinting because I couldn’t see.

I’ve got an appointment scheduled for July 9th so in the meantime I’ll be checking out some new frames. I realllly want a pair of Ray Bans. I am itching for something different than the same style I’ve worn for years.

I am super digging these “New” Wayfarers.

Or the Original Wayfarer.

I like the Caribbean style too.

I’m pretty sure I’ll look like a certifiable “trying too hard to be hipster” wannabe so I’ll have to see how they look on my face.

Four eyed folks unite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...