Saturday, June 29, 2013

Master Bedroom Update

TLG_5719

This is what our room looked like two days ago. Pretty, but super blah and no COLOR.

The lamps in the room started out burgundy and gold. A Goodwill special.

Photo 1 (3)

They got a makeover to silver when I was in the rental.

I decided to paint them again to add some much needed color. I went with a super pale blue.

IT.WAS.AWFUL

Photo 1

The color was pretty by itself but in this room with those shades it just was not a good combination. Also, I got flat (all they had in that color), which I thought was okay because I covered it with clear gloss however it did not glossify one bit.

So today I went back to the drawing board spray paint aisle and solicited advice from friends on FB and IG.

There was a pretty strong vote for yellow!

I bought yellow and navy and didn’t decide until the primer had dried on which one I was going to use.

Yellow it was!

TLG_5986 copy

TLG_6011 copy

I also got this super cute hook rack from HomeGoods. I figured hanging my necklaces would inject even more color to the room.

TLG_6014 copy

Pretty!

TLG_5980

One more thing, I finally got pictures printed for my gallery wall. Much better!

42d80b64-2236-4e58-9eb2-c4002a72e52c

Other HomeGoods goodies. Frame, Hooks, Basket. It is now corralling paper towels, salt & pepper and more on the island. Perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...