Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bunko!

CAUTION: This post is sideways, backwards, and as out of order you can get. I can't get the pictures to move below the text describing them, and every time I try to flip them the computer freezes. GRR! So use your head and look at the pictures and then you can read about each of them, and look at them sideways...SORRY!!

























Last Friday I hosted Bunko at my house for the first time. I've hosted before but it's always been at my Mom's house, sine that's where I lived and all!

Everything went really well and I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all. There was only one tiny little glitch, and that was that it was HOT in our house! We usually turn our air off during the day (which we aren't doing anymore) and would then turn it on when we get home. Big mistake. Getting home at 5:30, turning on the air (temp inside was a steamy 85 deg) and expecting it to be cool by 7:00? Ain't happenin! I had to bring out fans it was so dang hot and I felt so bad! Especially since so many of the wome have hot flashes lol. But after a while either it started to cool off or we started to get used to it because it wasn't as bad anymore. Sorry ladies- next time I'll have it chilled way before!

We were short a few of our "regulars" this time so Kim & Lindsay came and subbed for us. Thanks girls! Oh and Kim, thanks for stealing all our money since you were the big $ winner! We call that "sub-luck" ;)

Here's some pics from the night. Sorry for the horrible photo quality, I don't know what was up with my other camera...

The weekend finished out good and included a trip to Dog Island on Saturday and buying my new camera on Sunday! Yep, if you hadn't seen my facebook post, I got the camera from my wish list! I have been having so much fun playing with it. I'm a lucky girl:)

This week isn't too eventful but at the end of it we're going to visit David's friend David, who just bought a house in Tampa. I'm looking forward to it and I know David is really excited to catch up with his ol pal! We're also going to Busch Gardens while we're down there so it will be a quick, but hopefully fun trip. Can't wait to take lots of pictures with my new cam!

Oh and here's the curtains I made for our front door side windows. Before/After. And the new additions (pictures) to the living room wall and bedroom! The bedroom colored prints are actually scrapbook paper!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got to have a bunko at your house. Isn't it nice to have parties at your house!?!? I LOVE hosting :) SOO happy you got our camera!! Hope yall have a great trip and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Kimbo and I looks fridge-worthy if I do say so myself! :) I'm so happy I got to come over for your first event hosted in your home and I really did have a blast playing bunko!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...