Monday, May 16, 2011

I Need a Project

Since we currently don’t have a house and I don’t have much to DIY for, I am bored. A lot. So I figured I should find something to do. Well something besides sit on my rump and browse Pinterest for hours. That’s what I do these days in case ya didn’t know. I’m addicted. Anywho, enter the 30 Day Photo Challenge! I found it on Pinterest. Imagine that! I love love love taking pictures and I’ve been in a little bit of a rut lately. I’ve been too lazy to take pics besides from my phone, so I’m going to attempt the following project:

princesssylvia:

A challenge that I made especially for Babe<3
I got him the Canon Rebel DSLR camera for him for his birthday and I thought this would be a nice way for him to get to know it better(: I know the challenge is a little more “challenging” then most would be but I think it will be fun! 
The challenge is to TAKE the picture everyday, not just find one a post it. Or to take them all in one day and stagger the posts, none the less, they would be CURRENT photos that you take for the purpose of the challenge not old photos you dig up that you have done! Be creative when you find something difficult! try it with us?
Also, you don’t need a DSLR to take amazing pictures! so will you join us?(:

I still fully intend to put up regular un-photo-challenge-related posts so I may just post more than once a day on those days. But I plan to post everyday with at least a picture and a caption. Let’s see if I can stick with it! And sorry ahead of time if most of the pictures are of the pupper dog. Seeing as I have no two legged children, he’s the next best thing!

I am still iffy on my camera settings and how to use them. I more or less understand the concept of ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed, but I can’t for the life of me grasp what to use when. So maybe this will give me a chance to refine my wanna-be skills too! PS- I found this great tool on Pinterest too, which helps you play with settings on a “virtual camera”. So cool!

23342655_EUgnwU6k_c

Check it out here!

PS- I am still running! Woot Woot! I do half a mile a day which I know is not much to all your runners out there, but for me, that’s a lot. I am out of shape and I’ve been having some knee pains since I started, but I am so proud of myself after I do it. After my run yesterday morning in the glorious cool morning air, I even did a set of lunges up and down the driveway. Go me, go me ;) Also I know it’s not good for me because I’m supposed to “eat small meals several times a day” instead of one big meal, but I can’t. I don’t have enough healthy snacks and I’m not hungry enough when I first wake up for a full breakfast. So instead I eat a yogurt in the morning, a big lunch, and pretty much just a barely there snack for dinner because I’m still so full from lunch. I know it’s not the right way to lose weight, but it’s the only way I can really “eat less”. Gorge at lunch and eat nothing for dinner. Usually I gorge at lunch and then still eat a big dinner because I “need/want” it, can’t bear to skip it, even if I’m not hungry. Trying to have a little self control here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...