Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Apparently I Should Put a Little More Effort Into My Daily Attire

Yeah, I should.

I got these Missoni shoes on sale earlier this week at Target. I had been eyeing them for a long time because I loved the look of them for magazine-esque Fall shoes, but 1) I own several pairs of fabulous shoes that I just never wear and was afraid these would fall into that category 2) They were $40, more than I wanted to spend on said shoes that I would probably never wear.

Well on an impromptu Target trip (which all of mine are come to think of it), they were 50% off and calling my name. I put them in my buggy with the full intent to put them back before I left because I really just didn’t need them. But in the end, they came home with me.

Women's MISSONI for Target® Suede Pumps - Black.Opens in a new window

TLG_4092

Fall Footsies

Also a few days ago in my daily blog reads I saw Kate at the Small Things blog did a tutorial on curling your hair with a flat iron. (She gives tons and tons of great hair do how-tos). I’ve been wanting to try this for some time now, and yesterday I finally did. It took me a half hour which wasn’t bad for a first try and I cannot believe that I still had pretty soft curls at the end of the day. Curls NEVER stay in my hair. I didn’t even use product before curling. Just curled my hair then hairsprayed.

photo5

So since my hair was looking sassy and it’s a Holiday Week, I decided to wear my new shoes too. And then I took a few minutes before work to have a mini photo shoot just to share that I actually thought I looked pretty cute. For work anyway.

TLG_4079

TLG_4080

I had some trouble with the back but it didn’t turn out too terribly.

TLG_4081

I’m like Peter Pan with that shadow.

Now I knew wearing this today would probably illicit some “Do you have an interview?” questions from people because we really don’t dress up at my office. It’s very business casual. Well, no interview questions, but good night people sure thought I looked spiffy! Haha

I had so many compliments and people saying they didn’t recognize me and all that greatness. Uh, thank you? I am a flats/black pants/blouse everyday kinda girl. And that’s dressier than most of the office which is typically jeans and t-shirts.

So anywho, I felt pretty today. It’s amazing what putting a little bit of thought into an outfit and fixing your hair can do for your self esteem.

I can only imagine what would have happened if I actually wore some makeup!

I also just posted a quick and easy DIY project. Scroll to the next post if you’re into that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...