Let’s face it. Does anyone really stick to their New Year’s Resolution by March? July? October? I know I don’t. So what’s the point in making them?
Instead of a resolution list, I’m making a wish list. Things I’m hopeful for.
Here they are, in no particular order of importance.
1. Teach the Dogs Some Manners. They can sit and shake, but dragging me down the street on a leash and jumping on visitors is not my idea of a good poochie. I’m hopeful that down time at the house will lead to some much needed obedience training for my sweet pups.
2. Have a Garage Sale. This is funding our Ikea trip in March. So come one come all. You need to buy my
I really love this sign.
3. Get Rid of Some Dadgum Weight. Notice I didn’t say lose. I don’t want to lose it because I won’t be looking to find it! It’s.got.to.go.
4. Start Cooking. I’m hoping that having a pantry to actually store food in, and a spacious kitchen will help with this. Right now cooking is an absolute chore. There’s nowhere to put groceries. There’s nowhere to put stuff on a counter to try and cook it. There’s never an empty sink because there’s nowhere to store clean dishes, and the list goes on. It’s easier to eat out.
Really, our house isn’t that small, but 900 square feet of house with two adults, two large dogs, hobby stuff everywhere, and boxes stacked to the ceiling in the entry and entire dining area, leaves not much room for anything else.
5. Order a Blog Book. I really want to do this. I have been coveting the idea for several years but always find a reason not to. Mostly because of the price. I don’t post picture albums to Facebook like I used to. The blog is my keepsake and I really want to have it printed so I’ll always have it. You never know where those internets will end up one day.
There are a few more I’ve got in mind that I’ll keep to myself.
Here’s to a fabulous 2013!