Sunday, January 20, 2013

I Like to Move It, Move It

Well, we’re a little over one week in at our new house, and boy was it a busy past week! Looking around this morning though we realized we got a lot of stuff done in that short amount of time. There’ve been late nights and early mornings but it’s all been worth it. I’m loving it!

Let’s back up to Friday the 11th, closing day.

We were both off work and hit the pavement by 8:30. There was a lot to do that day. We setup cable, trash services, picked up the budget truck, got the electricity taken care of, went by the house to make sure everything was getting done for closing, and then closed at 4:00!

IMG_1662

Picking up the beast!

IMG_1670

The closing process went smoothly and then she was ours! Happy Homeowners!

IMG_1654

Ain’t she pretty on a gloomy day?

I wish I could share our pretty house numbers! I went ahead and bleeped them out for (in the words of Bon Qui Qui) “sacurity” purposes.

After we finished up at the title company, I dropped Remi off at the in-laws so he’d be out of the way and not be tempted to escape through any open doors the next day (thank you guys again SO much for keeping him!) and then headed to Bunko. I know, shouldn’t I be packing to move the next day? Well, David took the big truck and packed up the storage unit all by himself Friday night. Then I got home around 10:30 and packed up the closet and the bathroom. Fun fun.

Then we were up and at ‘em 6:00 Saturday morning. David and I loaded up all the big stuff and as much else as we could fit in the 24’ truck. We thought one load would be enough…it wasn’t. We still had a crap load of odds and ends stuff left at the house. Long story short we had to rent a 16’ truck to get the rest of the junk later that afternoon.

We met my Mom, Cole & Logan at the house with the full load around 9 ish. Can I just take a minute to say how much harder Saturday would have been without those 3 people? In fact, we’d probably still be moving if it hadn’t been for them. My Mom also was a tremendous help Sunday. She helped us clean the rental from top to bottom. It was sparkling clean when we left. THANK YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH!!

 555303_10151223465513008_823708513_n

Somebody’s excited to get the truck back before he owes another night on it unload!

IMG_1684

Brother looks thrilled. He’s helped me move so many times now. Bless his heart! What a good brother!

IMG_1682 IMG_1683

Bunny cage unload. And Momma as a happy camper with a cleaning supply basket and her beer!

IMG_1687

IMG_1689

Truck #2. All done! Love that we can drive back there.

IMG_1679

Also, I’d like to take a moment of silence to recognize my beloved DIY Starburst Mirror. It broke a few legs during the move, and while I planned to fix her, the mirror ended up splitting Sad smile She will be greatly missed! I was so bummed!

So, moving day commenced. It was long, tiring, and I cried a couple times when it was just David and I loading up the truck that morning. Stuff was heavy, it was hard, and I was completely and utterly overwhelmed. We have entirely too much stuff. He stayed calm though and tried to make light of everything. Thanks babe. We made it!

IMG_1699

Me and Mom got right to hanging stuff on night one. Lint rolling my sign. Dogs shed a lot. Just FYI. It gets everywhere!

IMG_1702

First chalkboard going up…

IMG_1698

She found a carpet “island”.

IMG_1706

And she wasn’t sure about coming down the stairs.

I can’t keep her off of them now!

Everyone was exhausted. Mom stayed the night in the guest room on her cot! David has since put the new Ikea bed together and we bought a brand new mattress set this weekend. We’re all ready for guests!

IMG_1714

My Dad was out of town Saturday so he came over Sunday for a little bit to help hang some big stuff.

IMG_1719[1]

The ginormo mirror is from Kirkland’s!

Oh and I’ve got to mention, we’ve been welcomed so warmly to the neighborhood. First we got chocolate chip cookies from the neighbors a few doors down. They were so nice and the cookies were amazing! Then our friends Brett, Lynn and baby Trent came by for a visit from across the neighborhood and they brought us Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. It was YUM-O too! My bestie Renee came by today and delivered a frozen hot chocolate. I love that we live in the same neighborhood again! We lived next door in elementary school and it’s seriously awesome that we are so close by! We’ve had company stopping by all week. I love it! We are so thankful for people going out of their way for us. It makes us feel all warm and fuzzy!

IMG_1722[1]

IMG_1741[1]

IMG_1898[1]

I also can’t wait to send out our “New Digs” cards!

IMG_1774

Bought on Etsy from Jack & Ella Paper Press. LOVE!

Thank you for everyone’s love and excitement throughout this time for us. I’ve said it before and I’ll continue to say it. We are so very blessed!

IMG_1723

Oh, and I’m so over unpacking…

IMG_1743

…but it’s all been worth it! We enjoyed a celebratory first “cooked” dinner in the new house of Ramen noodles and sausage! Ha!

We hadn’t made it to the grocery store in a couple weeks!

263936_10102637791945643_1495970678_n

Oh and I spent all morning doing a photo shoot. House Tour will be posted tomorrow, so stay tuned!

IMG_1872

First fire last night.

74995_10102639180013943_1489833539_n

Tonight I’m soaking up this wonderful fire!

PS- the dogs are L-O-V-I-N-G their new yard. It makes my heart happy!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being all moved in!! Good luck with all of the unpacking and I can wait to see the tour!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...