Friday, January 18, 2013

High Five for Friday!


I know, I know. The house tour isn’t up yet. Bear with me. I’ve had technical difficulties. I’ve got the post written up but no way to add the pictures yet because I need to use Live Writer. I bought a new keyboard/mouse combo at 7 AM this morning at Wally World. My other (almost brand new one) has not been working since the move. It’s going back to the store. Let’s hope the new one works fabulously and I can finally use my computer!

I stayed up until 1:30 decorating last night. Decorating is way more fun than unpacking the necessities. When things started to come together and boxes weren’t strewn everywhere, I decided I’m going to edit the pictures I was going to use for the house tour post (iphone shots) and take some nice ones with the big cam this weekend. Plus we are planning to buy our mattress for the guest bedroom so that will actually look like a room for pictures!

So all this means I won’t be putting up house pictures until later in the weekend. Bummer, but I hope you’ll enjoy them more because I’m taking the time to do them right!

Now, onto five random things that have nothing to do with Friday!

1) Our dryer needed the cord replaced to match the new plug in the laundry room. David switched it out last night, we got everything organized and ready to run a load, and womp-womp: no power. So, we went to the breaker box. David flipped it and it scared the bajeezus out of him because it sparked and sputtered and did stuff a well behaved breaker box should never do. The builder’s electrician is coming out today. Great.

2) I laid out plates for my dining room plate wall last night! I’ve been collecting plates for a long time and it was so fun to open them all up and lay them out. I’d forgotten what all I had and was so pleased that I still absolutely LOVE the collection I’ve got. I have probably about 8 or so and that’ll have to do for now. I will collect more over time and add to it! It’s a pale blue/pale green/white theme going on. I hope to have that up this weekend to share as well!

3) We went heavy duty grocery for the first time last night in months. Literally months. Besides random trips for milk or bread, we had not shopped in a long time for the simple fact that we weren’t home enough to eat in, and we didn’t want to have to move a bunch of food. It was so wonderful to come home, have room to set everything down on the counters, and then have a pantry and fridge (that wasn’t blocked by dog bowls) to put it in! Ahh, the little things.

4) I had an exciting weekend ahead because Kimbo and Josh were supposed to be coming. Well, they are down with the sickness (FLU) and aren’t coming up. Insert very sad face. Feel better guys! I guess that just means I have a three day weekend to get a lot of stuff done at the house!

5) I am totally starting a new home décor trend. Black sheets and shower curtains as window coverings anyone? Hoping to get some more windows checked off the “Need blinds/curtains” list this weekend!

Happy Friday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...