Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Five


1) I bought new glasses. I originally started wearing glasses in 2008. I have had the same pair since then but I was ready for an upgrade. I got my new prescription earlier in the week and I set out to find some “Hipster” style glasses. You know, big lenses, dark frames, trendy. The ones I bought are Liz Claiborne. Couldn’t believe my luck when the eye shop was running a BOGO special. So I got a backup pair for free. I had to select from only a few styles but hey they’re free, I’m not complaining.  

But first, a throwback from when I became a four eyes for the first time way back yonder.
New Liz Claiborne
Extra pair which are dorky and fun. As am I.
2) We have a busy weekend ahead of us. I’m not always a fan of having a busy weekend but I’m looking forward to this one! Bunko tonight, our friends Ryan and Erin’s wedding tomorrow night and Jurassic World with the fam Sunday morning!

3) Per our builder, interior painting is supposed to be happening TODAY! Cabinets and granite should be going in next week. All the crown and trim was finished when we went out there last night. It looks so good! A weekend goal is to find and purchase a dining nook light. We were able to splurge on the front porch hanging lanterns (thanks to our builder loving them too and giving us the go ahead!) so we are going easy on the dining nook chandy. I am in love with this one at Home Depot but it’s too much!
Also we have ample storage in this house and we couldn’t be happier with our new attic! It’s amazing the things that excite you as an adult, ha. We didn't have one in the last house that was truly meant for easily storing things anyway.
He kills me with his after work outfits…business on top and homeless on the bottom?

4) I have tattoo fever. Dad I’m sorry if you’re reading this. I know how you feel about them! I have one on my foot that I got with my friend Lindsay in 2011 but my Sister-in-Law Kim wants one and I want another so I have been brainstorming lately about what I want and where so we can go together and get them! I have some ideas but I haven’t found the one that is “just right” yet. David does not care for them one bit but he made a deal with me and didn’t hold up his end of the bargain. My reward was his acceptance of me getting another tattoo – ha! Sorry babe.

5) I tried something new this week, Starbucks instant iced coffee. It was actually pretty good! I added 2% milk to it and pretended it was an iced caramel macchiato. It didn’t trick my mind but it did satisfy that 2 PM craving that creeps in while I’m working away. I’m planning to experiment with it more and try creating different concoctions!

Alright that’s all I’ve got. It’s the weekend baby! Make it a good one! :)


3 comments:

  1. Such a small world! See you tomorrow evening at Ryan and Erin's wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh so glad you're back blogging! I missed yah and maybe it will get my butt in gear to post some more lol. Love the Liz Claiborne glasses, so cute! And the house is coming along great! Can't wait to see the end result :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! It's so weird how you we go through phases with this whole blogging gig. Sometimes I'm so on board and then it's *crickets* for months on end. Whoopsie! I agree, I think you need to hop on board too ;-) And thanks about the glasses!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...