Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Monticello

A few weekends ago I spent a gorgeous Sunday afternoon with some of my favorite people, The Dawkins fam. Renee, Me, Brody & Savannah took a looong walk around Renee’s neighborhood taking pictures and soaking the beautiful day. The butterfly pictures were taken in her Mom’s flower/butterfly garden. There were dozens of them. Such a pretty site!

TLG_0535

TLG_0542

TLG_0555

TLG_0561

TLG_0568While we were walking we saw this mummy head looking thing in the trees above someone’s mailbox. Halloween decoration? Not so much. It was a giant hornet’s nest! I have never seen one IRL (In Real Life) and I was mesmerized. It was buzzing with life and if you click on the picture to enlarge, you will see some of it’s occupants sticking their head out of the hole. It was definitely cool to see such a creation. Amazing. 

TLG_0582

We also got to get up close and personal with this sweet fella. He walked right up to the fence and let me take pictures to my heart’s content. Ahh, such a great day and the first day breaking in my new camera. Which I still love by the way!

TLG_0604

Fuzzy nose :)

TLG_0608

TLG_0612

1 comment:

  1. Your photography skills are amazing Tamara! Love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...