Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth Fashion–Rainy Day Edition

Happy (belated) Independence Day everyone! I’m totally thrown off today. It feels like Sunday, Monday and Thursday all rolled into one. Very confusing. Not a fan of the midweek holiday but I’ll still take it!

I’ve got a festivities post in the works but for now I wanted to share my outfit from yesterday. It was seriously raining on Tallahassee’s parade. Drizzling and muggy are no conditions for picnics and fireworks. So I dressed for the occasion!

Tam 7-4-12 copy

Shirt: GAP

Navy Shorts: Old Navy

Jewelry: Earrings + Bracelet: Premier

The necklace is old, I have no idea where it’s from.

Rainboot sidenote: I did a poll recently on Facebook helping me pick a color for some rainboots. I was coveting a pair of Hunters. Long story short and much debating later, I didn’t get them. I tried them on in Bloomingdale’s when we went to Orlando, and I’m glad I did because I didn’t love the fit. Since I’m wide-calved I had to go with the Huntress style and it just wasn’t worth the $125 when I truly didn’t feel they were flattering on me.

So I figured I’d just end up buying some cheapos like always that need replacing every season.

I seriously wear out my rainboots. More so when I was in college. They are SO practical!

But then the Rainboot Gods shined (shone?) down on me. The Rack Room outlet had rainboots, and they were Sperry at that! I was seriously giddy. I didn’t even know Sperry made rainboots! I’ve always had boat shoes and I know they’re well made. So after some debating with the fun prints, I went with the classic glossy navy blues. They even have a cute little yellow stripe around the top. They were $54.99 and then on sale for $40. Sold! That’s still expensive for a rainboot, but these are well made, should last me a while and were 1/3 of the cost of the Hunters that I almost bought. Yay for bargain shopping!

Anywho, we went over to my parents’ neighborhood for food and fun and I was dressed for the occasion. That is until about two hours later when the skies parted and the sun came out! I ended up going barefoot Smile Boots are hot when the sun is shining it’s not raining!

Sweet girl had to get in on some pictures too. I just love her to pieces!

Moose 7-4-12

Be back soon with a holiday wrap-up post Smile

PS- I used iPiccy to make the collages. It’s almost identical to Picnic. Thank you Shelly for sharing it!

1 comment:

  1. Love the outfit! I really want rainboots but I've never been able to pull the trigger. I have ridiculously large calfs (especially compared to my tiny baby feet) and can't wear normal boots but hopefully I'd be able to one day find a pair of rainboots that fit.

    Moosey is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...