Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

And yet again, I can't move my pictures under the text where I want them to be!!
I don't even know who this is but she was jumping so she became my subject!



For probably the first time in history, at least in my history, I think this was the first July 4th holiday that didn't involve going out of town or at least having something planned. David worked all day Sunday at his old job (City Parks & Rec) and I went to my Aunt's get together with my Mom & Dad. It was a great day at the pool with lots and lots of food and people. Katie came by later to hang out and then she, Remi & I rode the golf cart in my parents neighborhood to catch the firework show from the church across the street. Of course, right as i'm about to have my first play shoot with my new cam and the fireworks, I take ONE picture and my camera dies. Sheesh. My own fault but In was rather disappointed. Anywho, here's some pictures from the day. I had fun taking action shots of people going down the slide and off the diving board. And you'll also see the cake I made (alternate to the rainbow cake I've made before, thanks to Lindsay's July 4th color modification idea!) I accidentally broke one of the layers so it was a 5 layer instead of 6, BUT it worked out perfectly because then I was able to put my cake lid on, which I couldn't before with 6 layers!

Not much longer now either til our Disney trip! I am soo ready to be there. Call me corny but I actually have a Disney CD that I listen to for a few weeks leading up to each trip. It's got all my favorite movie songs and yes, I know every word, and no, I'm not afraid to sing them at the top of my lungs. (with the windows up! haha!) If I had a kid in the backseat, might not seem so weird, but to pull up next to me and see me singing "I'VE GOT GADGETS AND GIZMOS A PLENTY, I'VE GOT WHOSE-ITS AND WHATS-ITS GALORE...YOU WANT THINK-A-MA-BOBS? I GOT TWENTY...BUT WHO CARES, NO BIG DEAL, I WANT MOOOREEE! (Ariel-Part of Your World) in case ya didn't know. yaaa might freak a few people out. Oh well, that's me and so what if I'm a big kid? What's the rush to grow up anyway?! Like they say, "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...