Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthdays and DUIs

No, those two are not related!

Today is David’s 25th birthday. Whoa. This number finally hits me as an “adult age”. At age 24, I still feel like a young adult, but 25? That’s a quarter of a century old. Yikes!

This has been a big week for my family. My brother turned 21 February 1st. My parents celebrated their 26th wedding anniversary February 2nd. And today is David’s birthday. We celebrated last weekend so there’s not much birthday related excitement today, poor guy. Fortunately I had to remind him last night that it was his birthday today and so I don’t think he is excited about it as I get about my birthdays!

Anyways, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, David, I love you like a fat kid loves cake! Thanks for being born :-)

(sorry for the quality – phone pic)

Now for a change of topic, last night’s FSU/CPA* was rather boring:/

*Citizen’s Police Academy

The topic: DUIs. I am not one iota interested in drugs or alcohol, so I wasn’t looking forward to this topic. I was hoping to at least see some videos and pictures of gnarly car wrecks or crazy crackheads, but we didn’t. We just sat there for an hour and a half listening to an officer talk about DUIs. I did learn though, a DUI stays on your record for 75 years…yikes! Don’t drink and drive people! Also, don’t do meth. It’s bad for your brain and you will think you have meth bugs and give yourself sores from scratching. Not attractive!

Next week should be more fun because we are going to the range to shoot some weapons. Sweeeeet! I will try to take a few pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...