Thursday, February 24, 2011

New York–Day 1

Tuesday night I left for Tampa, the first leg of the trip up North. Notice I said I, not we. As in David did not join me. There were some last minute changes/things happened to our plans and unfortunately David could not go with me. Heartbroken, disappointed, angry; mild words to describe the way I felt that he wasn’t going with me – but I was going regardless, and he wouldn't have had it any other way.

I am very grateful to my Dad who drove me to Tampa since I got a late start and he didn’t want me driving there by myself. We got into Tampa around midnight, did a quick catch up with my companions for the trip, David’s friend David & Chloe. (The other couple we planned the trip with). We went to bed almost immediately because we had an early flight in the morning!

Wednesday morning all 4 of us went to the airport, my Dad rented a car and drove home, and Me, David and Chloe were off!

The flight was wonderfully uneventful and we were sooo excited to be heading to the big city!

1277_2-3-108

We arrived around 9:30 and took a life-threatening taxi ride into Times Square where our AMAZING hotel was!

DSC_0057

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, it was right in the heart of Times Square, awesome location!

DSC_0243 DSC_0250

Our hotel, view from our room.

1277_2-3-116 1277_2-3-115

Bathroom, awesome room.

Check in was not until 3:00, so after dropping off our bags for the hotel to hold, we hit the pavement. Did you know you walk A LOT in New York? Oh my lands we did a ton of walking, but we made up for it with our eating :)

We walked all over 5th avenue. And we saw Grand Central Station, Rockefeller Center, and St. Patrick’s cathedral. Every single place was amazing, breathtaking, etc…we hadn’t planned to ice skate at Rockefeller but we were there, we were on vacation, and how many times are we really going to have the opportunity to skate in NY? Close to nada, so we did it! I am SO glad we did, we had so much fun and made some great memories. We were all a little shaky at first but my the end we got the hang of it. Definitely a memory I’ll never forget.

DSC_0090DSC_0149DSC_0182DSC_0188DSC_0195DSC_0208

DSC_0214DSC_0230

Central Park, Chloe getting her metro card.

DSC_0231 1277_2-3-1031277_2-3-111

David studying the subway map, ice skating at Rockefeller, Grand Central Terminal.

1277_2-3-110 1277_2-3-109

Times Square!

I just couldn’t get enough of times square, anytime of day you will find it packed with people, and so lively. It’s definitely the city that never sleeps!

DSC_0198 DSC_0201

Apple Store, Pop Burger Restaurant

We headed back to the hotel around 4 to check in, got settled and then we were off again. We went to a place called Charley O’s right by our hotel for “drinks”. Where I had the first of my many shirley temples. Ya, I’m just not much of a drinker!

After drinks we were off to find a place to eat. We settled on a cozy restaurant called Brickyard. Yum yum!

DSCN1545DSCN1547

Dinner at Brickyard: Yum-O!

At this point we’d been up since 4, had about 3 hours of sleep, and I was pooped. Chloe and David headed out for some evening drinks and I headed to a nice warm shower and comfy bed :)

DSC_0257

Day 1 = the start of a great trip!

2 comments:

  1. You make me feel as though I was right there with you!! I LOVE NYC! I could never live there; but I love visiting there...there is still sooooo much for you to see! :)You MUST go again:) I love living vicariously through other folks and you made this blog such a treat for me:)!! Thanks so much for sharing...I'm sorry David didn't get to go :( I know your relationship with David is much like mine is with Clay and I know you hate being without him :( I am glad you got to go though and you have a wonderful time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. another round of great pics. sorry your hubby wasn't able to go with.
    Been there once, seeing your pics makes me want to visit again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...