Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Luna Moth

Yesterday I was feeding the bunny and found this handsome fella. I can call him a fella because it’s a boy. I read it here.

Anywho, it was being sluggish and acted like it was dying so I moved it out of the dogs reach and he started to liven up again. I think he’s gonna make it. Maybe he was just playing dead? It was huge, in moth sizes. Probably about 5” wide and so pretty.

TLG_0025

TLG_0027

He had these big delicate wings and a chunky little cylindrical body. The heftiest moth I’ve ever seen.

TLG_0028

Be free!

1 comment:

  1. I found one today sitting on the ground, inactive but alive. Thought it might be cold so I brought it in for awhile because it is unseasonably cold today. However, after reading the link you provided I learned that they don't fly during the day anyway. Going to go put it back where I found it and hope it flies off tonight.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...