Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Monogrammed Rain Jacket

Just like I said I would when I got my PE770, I’m still monogramming all the things!

You get a monogram! everything gets a monogram! and you get a monogram! and you get a monogram! - You get a monogram! everything gets a monogram! and you get a monogram! and you get a monogram!  oprah you get a car

One of these days I’ll do a round up of some of my favorites but right now I’m sharing my current favorite.

A rain jacket!

unnamed

My monogrammed initials read tJg by the way…

TGJ_8653  TGJ_8654

I’ve wanted a monogrammed rain jacket for a while but most shops were selling them for $50+. No thank you. All I needed was to find the right jacket and then I knew I could slap a monogram on it.

TGJ_8587 TGJ_8589

I bought this raincoat in Tennessee at a Levis outlet for $30. It’s Carhartt brand and is lightweight but has a sturdy outer layer.

I debated between white and silver thread but went with the silver to match the lining and zipper. I love how it turned out!

I also struggled with which way to place the hood monogram…I ultimately went with it being “upright” when the hood is in the down position on my back.

TGJ_8597

For the hood I only used sticky stabilizer on the back since it was curved and wasn’t the best for hooping.

TGJ_8600TGJ_8601

I’m also loving my tiny Black Friday TV. It makes spending hours in this room much better!

TGJ_8631

For the chest piece, I used two stabilizers on the back, floated water soluble on top and hooped it. Both methods worked just fine.

I’m still LOVING my machine. It’s been worth every penny!

TGJ_8595  TGJ_8656TGJ_8652TGJ_8606 

TGJ_8641  TGJ_8608

Cuteness right?!

1 comment:

  1. That is SUPER cute!!! I definitely would have struggled with which way to put the hood monogram, but I definitely think you made the right choice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...