Friday, December 11, 2015

Mom and Dad’s 30th Anniversary Cruise! | Part One

I know it has been some time since I’ve blogged, but it’s been weighing on my mind lately. Even if not a single person reads this blog, I love having it as a tool to track my memories. The fact that I haven’t been blogging, especially about big trips/events, is making me sad! So, onward! 

Back in February of this year, our family and friends who are family went on a Royal Caribbean Cruise to celebrate my parents’ 30th wedding anniversary! David was the lead on the whole operation and it came together perfectly. We ended up having about 15 people total and it was a BLAST! Ahhh take me back. Our ship was the Freedom of the Seas. It was incredible. I’d highly recommend it!!

The cruise left out of Port Canaveral on February 1st, Cole’s birthday. The 2nd was their actual anniversary and the 3rd was David’s birthday. Lots of reasons to celebrate!

I am going to break up each day or two into separate posts since I have a lot to share. I am so loving re-living this trip. Can’t wait to go again!

Saturday, January 31st | Travel Day

Oh my word how have eleven months already passed?! Time for another!  

Our “bus” departed Tallahassee with a destination of Merritt Island, FL where my Uncle Donny lives and graciously allowed us to spend the night. There were six of us in this group which consisted of Mom, Dad, Me, David, Cole and Kali. We rented a van that looked like a space ship, ha!
I can still remember the ride down like it was yesterday. The excitement was palpable and we were just so excited to finally be on our way! We had been planning the cruise for many, many months before (close to a year I think) so it was a long time coming.

Mom and I entertained ourselves with the Helium Booth App and Kali (Cole’s girlfriend) got her first taste of traveling with the Gray family. Please do yourself a favor and watch this!
Alas we arrived at Uncle Donny’s house in one piece and settled in for an evening of relaxation as we were not scheduled to set sail until the next morning. It had been far too long since I’d seen my favorite Uncle in Merritt Island so I was glad we could squeeze in a visit! How pretty is Uncle Donny's back yard?! We always used to visit growing up so I spent many pruned hours in that pool. the good 'ol days!
 
Not to mention it's on this beautiful canal. Perfect end to our first day!

Day One on the ship is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...