Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Time for a house update huh? Well, too bad I don’t have anything new to report.
The day we signed the contract we were told they would be starting to clear the lot that week. Well, it’s now been about 4 or 5 weeks and the lot still looks the same.
So what’s been the hold up? Permitting.
When we decided to build on our lot, our builder had already gone through permitting for another house he was planning to build there. So at the last minute, we found it and wanted it which caused some extra work on his end. It’s taken several weeks to go through the permitting for switching the current permit to another one of his lots, and switching our permit to the original lot.
So where are we? Same place.
But, we’re told (again) that clearing should start today. I’m not holding my breath, but I sure hope this is the case. I won’t believe it ‘til I see it.
So what does that mean for our “deadline”? I don’t know.
We have already suggested pushing it back so they don’t feel the need to rush the build just to meet it. So far we’re told let’s wait and see, but if I had to guess, I’d say we’re looking at mid-January. To be honest, this would be perfectly fine with me. Any other time? No. But since our original projected close date is during Christmas week, I’d be A-Ok with pushing it back. So we will see!
I’ll be sure to update soon once they get started which is fingers crossed today!
at 10:37 AM