Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trick or Trot 5k!

Well, I did it. It’s over, and I survived. I was not nearly as prepared as I’d have hoped to be. But I made it through!

Renee, Brittney and I ran the Trick or Trot 5k this past Friday. It was Renee and I’s first!

I was third place out of my group of three, but I did much better than I thought. I never did finish Couch to 5K. Only made it through week 7 of 9. And I haven’t run in several weeks.

So when I finished up the 3.1 miles in exactly 37 minutes, I was thrilled! Renee and Brittney came in at 34 mins + some seconds so to be only three minutes behind when these girls have been kicking that 3.1 miles butt in practice before hand, I was ecstatic!

IMG_8805 IMG_8806

Before.

IMG_8803

And we’re off!!

IMG_8800

Yay I did it!!

It.was.tough.

I ran 1.5 miles without stopping and then had to walk for a minute. From there I still mostly ran but had to stop for a few walk breaks. I know. I’m disappointed too.

IMG_8801

We rocked it!

IMG_8804 

Renee, Erin, Me, Caitlin.

I hope to do another one in the near future. I just have to stick to that training schedule and maybe I’ll be able to run the whole time!

2 comments:

  1. Just wait - when I come up in a few weeks I'll have you running 6 1/2 miles before I leave :-) Get ready SIL!! Can't wait to see you...miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the race! That is a very big accomplishment. Happy Halloween :)

    Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...