Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Yummy in my Tummy

Can I just say, where have these been all my life?

CrunchBars

via

Holy moly, can we, in the words of Uncle Eddie say, “that right there is Goooo-ood!”

Today I read on MckMama’s blog a recipe for Chocolate Caramel Toffee Crunch Bars. They looked absoultely delicious and I knew I had to try them. I also needed to make a little something for my employees so this seemed like the perfect cookie-alternative.

I went to Wally World and bought the ingredients. You can see MckMama’s recipe and instructions.

I had to tweak it slightly. For a large cookie sheet, I used 1.5 sleeves of saltines, 2 sticks of butter and 1 C of brown sugar. I used her recipe first but it wasn’t enough because I think I had a bigger pan and more crackers. So I quickly made some more caramel and made note on my recipe. Also, to make things a little more fun and because I love white chocolate, I used 1 bag of milk chocolate chips and half a bag of white chocolate. It all ends up swirled together in the end anyway but I love the taste.

TLG_6257

TLG_6258

Cracker layer.

TLG_6263

Brown Shugah

TLG_6266

Making caramel.

TLG_6267

That can’t be healthy.

TLG_6262

My assistant made sure I didn’t burn anything and was there to taste test when needed.

TLG_6268

Caramel cracker layer, then you bake that baby.

TLG_6283

And you wait. Approximately 8 minutes. And then your timer flies off your fridge and disassembles itself so you don’t know how much time is left and you have to wing it. Oh right, that shouldn’t happen but it did to me.

TLG_6289

You take pictures of yourself because you’ve got nothing better to do while you wait. Although I liked the second one enough to make it my profile picture on Facebook. At least it’s not like the typical “my space” picture taken in the bathroom mirror:

Standard MySpace bathroom mirror pic. in My Photos by

Note, I do not know that girl, she was merely found on google.

Anywho.

TLG_6269

Pretty enough to eat. And I did, a few!

TLG_6270

Chocolate melted, heath bar brickle on.

TLG_6271

Cooling in the fridge. A little heavy on the blur there, should have bumped up the aperture some. 

TLG_6299

Loving the bokeh from the tree lights.

TLG_6308

I’ll reluctantly be packing several of them up to take to work, but I’ll definitely be saving some for this weekend’s Christmas festivities.

How does that sharing concept go?

One for you, two for me…one for you, two for me…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...