Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday evening we went out and about to do a little shopping. I needed to get some stuff to make a wreath, pick up a bridal shower gift, and some other odds and ends. My Mom was meeting up with us to get stuff too since she was also making a wreath. We all grabbed a bite to eat at the mall and did a little shopping there too. I finally got a new bathingsuit! VS was having a sale and I was able to get one even cheaper than the one I bought online (the one that never came?) and I am looking forward to wearing it this upcoming holiday weekend!

Friday my mom and I stayed up late working on our Lima Bean wreaths. What is that? Well I came across this wreath and just had to make it. I am going to spray paint it for all the different holidays/seasons so I’m prepared to get a lot of use out of those hours spent gluing on beans! Right now both of ours are FSU colored to kick off the season, but we already bought black spray paint and orange ribbon to re-do it come Halloween! I just love the way they turned out. Cute, easy, and to be used over and over again:)


Mom's is on the left, mine on the right.

My Mom seemed to get more glue on her fingers than the wreath, she is definitely a messy crafter;)


Saturday morning we were up bright and early and got right to work. I finished painting the bathroom & David finished his attic project. Although the weather this past weekend wasn’t sunny and beautiful, I enjoyed the hint of coolness in the air and the slight overcast. Especially since David was working in the attic and I was stuck inside…David did yard work while I piddled around the house and then we were off again. This time we went to Lowe’s, Home Depot, Wal Mart, Bed Bath & Beyond (again) and Target. Most all of these trips revolved around finding a patio table. At Lowe’s I got this cute little pumpkin and the black cat for Halloween decorations. I can’t wait to put them out. Only about a month to go until I can decorate:)

We found a patio set at Wal Mart that was pretty nice, and I tried to talk David into getting it but he still was a little sketchy on the price so we didn’t. Yesterday he found a great deal on a patio table on Craigslist, and we went and picked it up in Havana, then went to Lowe’s and bought 6 chairs to match. That oil rubbed bronze paint I bought for the chandelier is going to be used on the table trim so it’ll match the new chairs. I’ll get to the chandelier eventually:) Pics to come in a post or two!

We were also on the hunt for decorations to finish up the bathroom. Target didn’t have what we were looking for, hence another trip to BB&B. We found a great rug and some awesome Wallflowers! I have seen these on the YHL blog I read and I’ve allllways loved them. Well I found them and David can tell you, I was SOOO excited! They were in a corner of the store that I’ve never looked and I just had to have them when I found them. They were cheap too, especially with my 20% off coupon. At $19.99 regular price, I thought they were a steal! I couldn’t wait to get them up on the walls. I debated putting them above our bed because we’re still in need of something there, but there weren’t enough without it looking too sparce. So they went to their original intended place, the newly redone bathroom. They were super easy to put up although 25 flowers meant 25 tiny nails in the wall, but hey, it’s an easy fix with a little touch up paint and putty if I ever want to move them. I just love the way they turned out!




Oh and we also got these babies for the front sidewalk and lining the pergola.

Sunday afternoon I went to a bridal shower for a friend that is getting married this coming Saturday. David is in the wedding (first time as a groomsman) and I’m really looking forward to their upcoming nuptials! Does anyone say nuptials anymore? I dunno, but I just did.

Oh and here's Remi chilling in the driver's seat. Just where he likes to be!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. So a few things:

    1. CUTE suit! Glad you finally got one :)
    2. I LOVE the Halloween decorations! I can NOT wait to decorate (as I've probably said a thousand times already)! I asked Lindsay the other day if I could decorate a month early.. she laughed at me but didn't technically say "no"... haha! I bought a Halloween t-shirt from Target last week, I couldn't help myself!
    3. I am in love with your guest bathroom! I love the colors and the rug and wallflowers. I am totally using you to help me decorate my house one day!
    4. The wreaths turned out cute! I can't wait to see it in person!

    Ok, thats it! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...