Thursday, January 26, 2012

Here Fishy Fishy

Last weekend I got two new pets.

photo (10)

Meet ___________ & ____________, betta fish that are now living in my office.

They stayed on the counter at home over the weekend until work on Monday. In which I drove them each in on separate days holding a half full bowl in my right hand with the fish in it safely into work.

That’s right, neither have names yet. This is very strange for me. One of my favorite parts of getting a pet is naming them, and I’m drawing a blank!

photo (8)

This one here is a Crowntail Betta. He’s not the friendliest and he doesn’t move around much. If I get too close to the tank he frays up like a mean kitty cat and he wants to fight. Although his frayed fins are really pretty! He looks red in this picture, but his body is whitish pink, almost transparent, with red and blue fins.

He looks closer to this one I found online in real life.

photo (9)

And here is the Veiltail. This one swims all over and comes up to the glass when I get close just to say hi. Isn’t that nice of him? He’s all red with a strip of tiny blue scales down both sides. He’s sweet. For a fish. Fish can be sweet right?

I couldn’t decide which fish I wanted at Wal Mart, so David offered to buy the other tank so I wouldn’t have to decide.

Sidenote: I have serious animal choosing issues. I know can pretty much assume whichever one I don’t pick, is not going to have as good a life as the one that goes home with me. It’s seriously crippling. You’d think picking a fish would not be that hard, but I FEEL for animals. Don’t even get me started on choosing a mammal. I die. Thanks Mom, for the over sentimental compassion-ness that makes up my entire being.

Have you ever stopped and looked at these poor fish in their pitiful little tupperware-like containers? So sad Sad smile I bet they just stay in that little space til they die and then they put new ones on the shelf.

But for these two, it was their lucky day!

I think the red one knows he was lucky because he’s appreciative. The other one, not so much.

But they have these really cool orb-like tanks that came with LED lights so they’re all lit up and cool looking in my office.

...You know what? Just in the time it took to write this post, I’ve come up with their names (I think). And I’m definitely too lazy to go back and rewrite this whole post.

The red veiltail shall be Valentino because he’s red and sweet and it’s coming up to Valentine’s day and all. And the other shall be named Oscar. As in, the grouch.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Looks so delicious! Let me know if you ever need a substitute for bunco! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...