Wednesday, January 4, 2012

No Turning Back Now

I just did my first workout.

I’m ashamed to admit it, but I haven’t worked out since Summer 2009 before my wedding, and it shows.

No wonder I’ve gained so much weight. It’s sad and there’s no excuses. I’m ready to finally change myself, for the healthier.

Today when I got off work I changed into some workout clothes, grabbed the pooch and went for a brisk walk/slow jog.

It’s freezing outside. No excuses (which I’d normally have). I’m happy to report I was hot when I got back.

photo (8)

After we finished I setup my laptop in my dedicated “workout area” AKA my foyer and hopped on over to Body Rock for my first “work out”. I say that in parenthesis because today was Day 1 of a 30 day challenge and it’s meant to see where you are, what you’re capable of, etc…

HOLY MOLY

I felt like I was going to throw up when I was done. Which I guess is good in Workout World.

But instead of grabbing my usual Cokey Cola when I’m thirsty, I filled up a fun glass of some high quality H2O.

photo (9)

I really hope that I can cut out soda all together and become one of those people that craves water. Cutting out my sugary friend alone would be a huge accomplishment as I usually have 1 or 2 (or 3) a day counting lunch refills and such Sad smile

But no need to get down on myself, because that changes today!

So, back to body rock. I first found some of the FREE videos floating around Pinterest.

I checked out the site a few weeks back and everything can be done in your house and there’s not much equipment needed.

My Mom and I talked about it and today she told me was Day 2 of a challenge they posted. So I started with Day 1 today and will go from here. And you get the weekends off Smile

How Fit Are You? Day 1

Jealous of her booty? Yeah, me too.

The videos do call for one thing though, an Interval Timer. You can pay $20 for one, or you can be resourceful like I was and download a free app for one which works the same!

I downloaded the one called IntervalTimer. This is what the icon looks like.

 photo

And this is what I set it to for the Day 1 workout.

Sure hope I can stick to this. It’s about dang time!

timthumb

It’s a good thing this is what my BEFORE picture looks like so I won’t have too far to go!

BAHAH, I wish!

Altered head picture found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...