Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake



A week or so ago I pinned a Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake that I found from Tasty Kitchen.


It is supposed to be healthy and it looked delicious, so last night I gave it a shot!
I made a few tweaks to the recipe. I used cut up jalapeno peppers instead of Green Chilis, and I went with Sour Cream to be on the safe side, versus risking it with Greek Yogurt.

Ready for mixin.

And after.



It does not look like the recipe’s after picture, but does it ever?


It was soooo good. Kim, Josh, Bailey (their sweet pup) and David were over last night for some Breaking Dawn action, so they got to taste it too.


The consensus was that we all loved it. Except David who didn’t eat any so he didn’t vote. But if he did I’m sure it would have been a good rating!


It was okay on its own but it needed an assistant. So I pulled out some Tostitos Scoops and it was the bomb dot com. Do people still say that? I do anyway. Hah!


I bet it’d also be really good in soft taco shells. Lots of possibilities!


Yum yum, I’ll be eating off of it for the next couple of days. Cooking for one is hard, but then you have meals for several days!

1 comment:

  1. Chicken and rice are fave ingredients in our house. We like chicken-de-van...I like it a little too much ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...