Friday, February 3, 2012

Circus Business

Last weekend we went and saw the Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey Circus.

photo (19)

I was really excited to go but also not looking forward to the animal acts of the show. As I previously stated, I’m overly sensitive when it comes to animals and their well-being. After reading/seeing Water for Elephants where there’s animal abuse and it’s based in a circus setting, well I was not too excited to see those parts…

But we went, we had fun. Saw some really cool acts, and cringed during the animal acts, but mostly the Elephant one :-/ I can’t even think about what it took to train and elephant to do a head stand and I probably don’t want to know. I didn’t want to support this kind of thing by going to the Circus, but I also wanted to go and have a fun time. I know, I contradict myself. In fact I’d prefer the circus without any animal acts. There was a lot of talent there in the two legged human kind.

Anywho, before it started we were able to go backstage and see the animals. It was neat.

photo (16)

photo (17)

Poor girl. Such an amazing creature.

photo (18)

photo (14)

Just “clowning” around. Har dee har har!

photo (15)

We ended the night with dinner at Miller’s Ale House.

It was a fun “date” night!

1 comment:

  1. I am with you about not wanting to support the abuse! It would have been hard for me to go. We even canceled a trip to Sea World b/c of that and how they actually take the animals from the wild :( BTW y'all are just too cute together!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...